Wednesday 11 May 2011

I'd recommend this book to anyone of any age, great book!


"I quite enjoyed reading it. I am very into plot driven stories and although The Female Cell is not that driven on plot, I grasped it well and managed to read the book within the day (I always read a book if I like it within the day as I cant put it down).

I particularly loved the story Beads which was although short, was filled with delicate descriptions and a quick turn at the end of the story.

Rumaizah's flare for description and amazing travel stories are what really got me driven to finish the book. I enjoyed the fictional stories too.

This book, I feel is a good light read for anyone who would like a person's travel experience, as well as the short fictional stories. It definitely is something you can read on a warm afternoon, or in an airport, or waiting for a train/bus. Even getting your hair done. This book is entertaining, descriptive, poignant as well as down to earth. It's nice to read something normal and calming once in a while and The Female Cell to me did that very well.

I'd recommend this book to anyone of any age, great book! Should Rumaizah keep writing and publishing more? Definitely. It will be another book by our Malaysian writers and this book is an example of our literary movement in Malaysia improving and moving further and further up. Who knows, we might go international with this book if we pushed it harder!

Fantastic Job."


~Mona, reader~

No comments:

Post a Comment