Sunday 1 January 2012

"New Year", a piece to usher 2012



Wishing you a Happy New Year. May 2012 bring you joys and blessings. I would like to take this opportunity to share my new short fiction which appeared in the 55th issue of the Selangor Times. Happy reading!

"MY guard duty ends at 5.30am on Jan 1. I get out of my army uniform and into my jeans and t-shirt as fast as I can. I grab my wallet and mobile phone and rush out. My stomach growls as I think about my mother’s lontong waiting for me at home. As I pass by the row of flats, I spot empty cans and confetti on the street, remains from the night’s celebration. These are the last things I want to see. Then, I feel someone grabbing my left arm..."

To read more: Full story in the Selangor Times

1 comment:

  1. http://www.selangortimes.com/index.php?section=fiction&permalink=20111230122130-new-year

    ReplyDelete